We’re hiring a front-end web developer
We’re a young and growing creative agency looking for a Front-End Developer to join our team!
We spend our days working on the good stuff that gets us excited to come into the office. It’s why we bring our A-game to every project and why our clients enjoy the Vida Creative experience.
Like the sound of that? Then read on….
We specialise in bespoke website development, marketing and branding. And our list of amazing clients work in exciting sectors from music and sport to EdTech and FinTech.
When it comes to websites, we really can’t stand ‘generic’! So we’re looking for someone to join us in developing bespoke, high-end websites for our clients.
- Collaborate with the design team to produce high quality, impactful user experiences.
- Develop maintainable, accessible code which will be integrated into content management systems.
- Support existing clients with front-end fixes and improvements.
- Have a keen eye for design, striving to create pixel perfect code from high fidelity designs.
you will be
A strong problem solver with a great attention to detail. You should be passionate about design, with a desire to produce award-wining work.
You like a challenge, take initiative, and drive for continuous improvement in what you do.
You’re organised, with the ability to work to deadlines. And when problems do come up, you’re happy to communicate with the wider team to solve them.
essential skills / qualifications
- Software Engineering / Computer Science Degree or relevant apprenticeship qualification
- 1+ years commercial experience developing front-end websites in a team
- HTML5, CSS3, JS
- SASS & Gulp
- Responsive Design
- Basic PHP understanding
- Build front-ends from designs in Sketch / InVision
- WordPress theme development
- Laravel / PyroCMS experience
- Experience working in cloud (AWS / Vultr / Serverpilot)
- Flexible working hours
- Choose your own equipment
- Modern office on the Newcastle Quayside
- Kitchen area with high-spec coffee machine
- Friendly team with frequent socials
- Access to external training and development opportunities
- Opportunities for progression in a growing business
- 28 days paid holiday inc. bank holidays
- Extra free holiday during office closure over Christmas
- Annual salary review
- Salary £20-£30k dependant on experience
To apply, send your CV and a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org