A case study allows you to:
- Explain what your business does
- Tell your business’ story
- Provide an example of a real customer experience
- Highlight how your product or service helps problem solve
- Directly quote your customers
As well as doing all of these things, you can optimise the case studies on your website for relevant keywords, so they contribute to the search engine results that come up when people search for what your business offers.
It’s a great way to get your clients to promote what you do too – as you can encourage them to share their story across their own channels. Which brings us nicely to the next point…
What are the benefits to my existing customers?
When you’re asking clients if they’ll do a case study with you, they’re more likely to agree if they can see how it’ll benefit them.
A well written case study is beneficial for both the participant and the company writing it. Participants can gain some publicity, give background information on their own company and what they do, and showcase how they benefit their own customers.
As we’ve already mentioned, the information you gather can be used on your website and social media. But you can also repurpose it for other uses.
For example, if there’s a fantastic story there, it can be written up into a press release and sent to local or industry publications to get even further reach.
Of course, this is all great content to share on social media too.
What should I include in a case study?
A good case study should be informative and educational and leave a reader with an understanding of how you could help them solve the problems they face.
A case study should cover the following areas:
- Who? Who is it that you’ve worked with?
- What? What’s been achieved? What is it that you’ve resolved?
- Where? Where did this take place/where did the participant meet you or learn about your services.
- When? When did you start working together/when did your work provide a solution to your client’s problem?
- Why? Why did your client start working with you? Why did they need a solution?
Want to start telling your own stories?
We’ve helped a fair few of our clients get the most out of the great work they’re doing with their own customers through interesting case studies.
Get in touch for an informal chat about how we could help you too!